Money, Health and Wellbeing
"Drop in" service available daily, enabling adult service users to access support with:
Housing * Health * Benefits
Assistance with contacting key agencies:
(DWP, GP's, Probation, Housing Providers, Drug and Alcohol services)
Free us of telephone
- Advocacy service for vulnerable adults provided by a fully trained professional staff team.
- Weekly Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) 'surgery' for confidential support and advice around benefits.
- Personal support when attending appointments:
GP's * Hospitals *DWP
- Referral to drug and alcohol harm reduction services.
- Provision of accu-detox sessions to reduce drug and alcohol cravings along with improving health and well being.
- Support with money management and budgeting.
- A free two-course nutritional lunch is provided each weekday.
- Breakfasts, hot drinks etc are provided each weekday.
- Breakfasts, hot drinks etc are provided to all service users for a nominal fee.
- Provision and distribution of food parcels for those in need.
- Provision of personal hygiene facilities.
Showers * Change of clothses * Hare care
We recognise the importance of access to activities to reduce social isolation and exclusion. Activities provide/facilities include:
Computers with free internet access * Media Group Daily Newspapers * TV and Radio *Games Console Weekly Art Group (open to the wider public) * Angling Cinema Trips * Pool competitions * Bingo
Harbour Place operates a weekly Job Club open to all service users and the wider public. The Job Club has assisted many service users into employment.
Assertive Outreach Services
Harbour Place provides a team of outreach workers - operating across North East Lincolnshire.
- Daily patrols of key areas known for street homeless and street beggars.
- Respond to reports of 'rough sleepers' from:
The General Public * Home Options Team * Street Link
- Monitor know squats across the area.
- Engage with street homeless and supporting them to access services.
- Promote the use of other key services.
- Assist rough sleepers to arrange and attend key appointments, e.g.
GPs * Hospital * Harm Reduction Services
- Provision of bedding, clean clothing, personal hygiene packs, rucksacks, sleeping bags and food parcels.
- Referrals to hostels, social and private landlords.
- Assist rough sleepers to register with Home Choice Lincs.
- Attend appointments/interviews at key agencies to support service users, including:
Home Options Team * DWP * Housing Providers
- Facillitate and supervise service user involvement groups such as:
Angling * Football * Bowling * Pool/Snooker
- Promoting physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Combat social isolation and encourage and support service users to build relationships and achieve independence.
- Advocacy on behalf of service users at:
Court hearings * Benefits tribunals * Medical Assessments
- Liaise closely with the Home Options Team on all issues relating to rough sleepers.
- Provision of 'floating support' services to promote the resettlement of service users who have moved into accommodation.
- Provision of emergency contact details.
Not only... but also
In addition to the provision of essential, practical support and advice, Harbour Place is also committed to playing a role in the sector and the community, for example:
- Harbour Place provides a structured volunteer programme, including training for volunteers and the provision of opportunities for those with mental health issues to participate in volunteering.
- Harbour Place provides placements for Social Work students from universities in Hull and Lincoln and work experience for students attending local colleges. We have provided over 16 successful practice placement opportunities for Social Work students since 2005.
- Staff and volunteers play an active role in a range of local for a, helping to shape an deliver key initiatives and strategies.
- Staff give presentations and talks to local community, church and college groups about Harbour Place's activities.
- Harbour Place has developed positive links with service providers across the region who provide similar services, to share information and best practice. In particular our outreach team networks with outreach team across the country to reduce risks to known rough sleepers.