Rough Sleeper Street Outreach
Harbour Place provides a team of outreach support workers - operating across North East Lincolnshire.
- Daily patrols across North East Lincolnshire to offer support to rough sleepers.
- Respond to reports of 'rough sleepers' from:
The General Public * NELC * Street Link
- Monitor known squats across the area.
- Engage with rough sleepers and supporting them to access services and engage with the Night Shelter.
- Promote and signpost to local agencies.
- Assist rough sleepers to arrange and attend appointments, e.g.
GPs * Hospital * Harm Reduction Services
- When available, provide bedding, clean clothing, personal hygiene packs, rucksacks, and sleeping bags to rough sleepers.
- Referrals to hostels, social and private landlords.
- Assist rough sleepers to register with Home Choice Lincs and Gateway.
- Attend appointments/interviews at key agencies to support rough sleepers, including:
Homelessness Prevention Service (NELC) * DWP * Housing Providers
- Combat social isolation and encourage to engage with the service for support to build relationships and achieve independence.
- Advocacy on behalf of service users at:
Court hearings * Benefits tribunals * Medical Assessments
- Liaise closely with the Homelessness Prevention Service (NELC) on all issues relating to rough sleepers.
- Provide 'floating support' services to promote the resettlement of service users who have moved into accommodation.
Please see details for how to access the shelter on the Night Shelter page.